Friday, 27 June 2014
Thursday, 26 June 2014
Monday, 23 June 2014
Flying Boats and Coral Island 1.4.06
WALT: Understand the story as it is read.
1. Why does Max live in kiribati? so they can finde out of some coral.
2. List places where coral wouldn’t like to grow:
3. How do growth rings help scientist? So the will know how old it is.
4. Why do they use a flying boat? so they can find coral
5. Why do you have to be careful with coral?because it is precious.
6. How come people don’t make coral jewelry anymore? because they can make paper
Blogger: Find a beautiful picture of coral, then draw your own version using sumo paint or ABCya paint. Post with a few sentences about the story or about facts about coral.
Friday, 20 June 2014
1. 1. Where was The Titanic built? Harland
2. What country is belfast in? (use the text to help you).The white star company
3. What caused the Titanic to sink?The iceberg made a howle in the bout and the water came in to the titaic
4. How old was the last passenger on board when she died? Millvina Dean was nine week old
5. When was the shipwreck discovered?
6. What do you think could have happened if they had lifeboats for everyone?
Blogger find Belfast in google maps and take a screenshot of it making sure you have New Zealand in the photo. Copy and paste the sentence below:
We have been learning about shipwrecks. The Titanic was a great ship that sunk on April 14th 1912. I have added a photo of Belfast in Ireland. This is where the Titanic was made.
My mum is the best mum ever, when she cooks dinner she said are you hungry and i said yes, she said I will go and cook you some eggs and when she finished cooking she gave me a cup of tea and it was yum, when my Mum said if i want toast and i said yes please and she made me some toast and it tasted yum and I went to my bedroom and when I was asleep and i had my best dream ever about my dog I hope you enjoy my writing
Thursday, 19 June 2014
Friday, 13 June 2014
Living in a Shipwreck
1.2.07 Part 2
WALT: Use the text to outline advantages and disadvantages.
1. Complete the table below, writing the Advantages (good things) and Disadvantages (bad things) of living in a shipwreck.
Advantages of living in a shipwreck:
Disadvantages of living in a shipwreck:
You can sleep in the captain's cabin.
it is cool and it fun to live in there
and you can play on the wheelhouse
and when we can do something you can do it
when you can live there you can sleep
so when we can go home we can dream it gonna be mean
and you can play and have fun
so you can help your self and you can play and have some fun
and when you want to stay and you can
so when you can do something you can do it and that good so i like living in a wheelhoue.
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
My aunty can do anything. She can help me do my homework and she gives me money. When she was with Roofie she said “Sit dog”. My dog will sit. My aunty bought me that dog and it can bite. But my aunt said “don't bite” and she said that again. She said don't bite and the dog didn’t bite. She is so cool to have her in my family. She is the best aunt in the whole entire world. I love my family too and I love my little brother. I hope you enjoyed my story.
Monday, 9 June 2014
Living in a Shipwreck
1.2.07 Part 1
WALT: Analyze surface features and the language used
1. The Star of Canada sank in this story. A word that describes how it sank is = ‘Slowy’. Now we can write ‘Sank Slowly’. Two words that start with the same letter (like sank & slowly) and are put next to each other is called; Alliteration. Other examples of alliteration are; Fast Frog or Stinky Snail.
Find alliteration for these words from the story.
Roud reef Reef
Captain Cabin Cabin
Star stairs Stairs
2. What is a shipwreck? it is a House
3. How did the ship sink? because there is a big rock was in the water
4. Why do you think the part of the ship they saved was called the wheelhouse? because it house and it put it in a big bout
5. What is a barge? it is a beautiful bout
6. Find and mark Gisborne on a map of New Zealand using google drawing. Mark and name 3 near by towns. star ship
Thursday, 5 June 2014
Wednesday, 4 June 2014
once upon a time an alien came from space and landed in the back garden of sam and his dad. Sam and his Dad were cooking some sausages and when they saw the alien sam said look dad look at that it is an alien and he is coming to eat us and his dad said no he isn't he is trying to destroy the earth. But when the alien came down sams mum said who is it when the alien knocked on the door and when sams sister came and opened the door and the alien said give me your dad so i can tell him something and sam sister said no and when the alien was angry and the dad came inside and the alien said where is sam said the alien and dad said he is outside cooking our sausages and when the alien said give me some and I will go back to space and when sam dad said sam and sam said yes he said can you give the aliens some sausages and when sam gave the alien all of the sausages, the alien went back to space. so he wasn’t trying to destroy the world….he was just a little bit hungry!!! the end.