Living in a Shipwreck
1.2.07 Part 1
WALT: Analyze surface features and the language used
1. The Star of Canada sank in this story. A word that describes how it sank is = ‘Slowy’. Now we can write ‘Sank Slowly’. Two words that start with the same letter (like sank & slowly) and are put next to each other is called; Alliteration. Other examples of alliteration are; Fast Frog or Stinky Snail.
Find alliteration for these words from the story.
Roud reef Reef
Captain Cabin Cabin
Star stairs Stairs
2. What is a shipwreck? it is a House
3. How did the ship sink? because there is a big rock was in the water
4. Why do you think the part of the ship they saved was called the wheelhouse? because it house and it put it in a big bout
5. What is a barge? it is a beautiful bout
6. Find and mark Gisborne on a map of New Zealand using google drawing. Mark and name 3 near by towns. star ship